Mid-Level Interactive Designer
Friendly Design Co is looking for a phenomenal, concept driven, mid-level interactive designer to join our team. As a member of the team you will be working in a collaborative environment to produce cross media materials — from user experiences and interfaces for apps and websites, to signage and print publications, to visual identities, and illustrations for animations. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about creating meaningful work.
Our ideal candidate seeks to expand their skills and try new tools, and pushes themselves to do so. They care about the work that they do and the impact their work has on the world. Have a keen eye for details and a near obsessive drive for staying organized. Feels confident presenting and defending their ideas and decisions. Appreciates new technology, knows visual design trends and best practices, understands usability, loves typography, and geeks out outside the studio. And isn’t afraid to quote these items back to us to prove they read the entire job description.
Friendly Design Co team members are expert collaborators. It’s part of how we live up to the name. Friendly is purposeful, practical, and thoughtful all while being open, spirited, and fun. We create work that is a delightful experience for clients and their audiences, as well as the best possible solution to the challenge at hand.
Great design is more than just final deliverables; we measure design by what it accomplishes in the world. From nonprofits to startups and local businesses, we create holistic systems that help clients do what they do best. We approach every project as a unique opportunity to prove design can do more than look good—it can do good too. Explore our work at FriendlyDesign.co or in our deck of recent projects.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working on and leading phases of the design process (research, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, working with developers) to create a successful finished product
- Collaborating with a close-knit team of designers, developers, and strategists
- Communicating with clients, colleagues, and vendors
- Self-managing to complete tasks and meet deadlines on a variety of projects
- 3+ years designing websites and applications
- Comfort leading a user experience design process
- Experience creating detailed user interfaces
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with developers to build a final product
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong knowledge or experience in the tech industry
- Illustration skills is a plus
- Degree in graphic design or equivalent
- Familiarity with Wordpress and modern content management systems
Friendly's benefits package includes:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Holidays off (about 12)
- Remote work flexibility
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Canvas Co/Working membership
- Industry-standard laptop and software
- Team lunches and happy hours
- Financial support for conference attendance and course enrollment
If this job listing doesn't describe you perfectly, get in touch and tell us why you want to work with us.
Friendly Design Co is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including women, LGBTQ people, people of color, and people with disabilities.