ARE YOU A FRIENDLY FRONT-END DEVELOPER?
Friendly Design Co seeks a full-time Front-End Developer to join our team. This position works in a team environment to produce websites in Wordpress and other common content management systems. We build sites and interactive experiences for a variety of mission-driven businesses and nonprofits. We are looking for someone who cares about creating interactive work that is both well designed and functional.
Here at Friendly we believe design can do more than look good—it can do good too. Proper design accomplishes objectives, meets long-term organizational goals, and fosters change. We achieve this by working side by side with passionate individuals, great organizations, and the communities they serve.
We are expert collaborators. It’s part of how we live up to the name. Friendly is purposeful, practical, and thoughtful all while being open, spirited, and fun. We create delightful experiences for clients and their audiences, and design the best possible solution to the challenge at hand.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Our ideal candidate:
- Can develop front-end code for a wide array of devices and browsers
- Is more than comfortable with responsive web development
- Eager to expand their skills, try new tools, and create best practices
- Works with UX and visual designers to determine needs and goals, review wireframes and mockups to provide internal feedback, and introduce some new ways of approaching interactions or features
- Enjoys being a part of a close-knit team that embraces experimentation and prototyping in their workflow
- Has a keen eye for details and takes pride in the little things that separate good and great work (the type that believes in the life-changing magic of well-commented code and GitHub readme files)
- Can effectively communicate with clients, colleagues, and vendors
- Cares about the work that they do, its ethical implications, and the impact their work has on the world
- Is self-motivated and can self-manage to complete tasks and meet deadlines
- Appreciates new technology, follows design trends and best practices, understands usability, loves typography, and geeks out outside the studio.
- Is an enthusiastic consumer of tacos and bagels (but not necessarily at the same time)
- 3-5 years experience in a front-end development role, creating strategic digital solutions in an agency setting
- Experience building websites that are:
- Accessible including 508 compliance
- Search-engine friendly
- Experience implementing basic to moderately advanced CMS-based websites with Wordpress or similar systems (experience with other frameworks is a plus)
- Knowledge and experience with GitHub for source control
- Outstanding commitment, professionalism, leadership, enthusiasm, flexibility, and sense of humor
- Experience working in a creative agency is preferred.
At Friendly, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including women, LGBTQ people, people of color, and people with disabilities. If this job listing doesn't describe you perfectly but you feel there is a strong reason for you to be considered, get in touch and tell us why you want to work with us!
We prefer the Friendly Front-end Developer work out of our DC headquarters or Omaha office, but are also considering remote candidates.